Lexia Reading Core5™ covers the six areas of reading instruction:
- Phonological Awareness
- Structural Analysis
• Students work independently to develop reading skills in a structured, sequential manner.
• The three-step instructional branching in every activity adapts to students’ performance, providing scaffolding, immediate corrective feedback and direct instruction when needed.
• Paper-based Lexia Skill Builders® build automaticity, generalize skills and expand expressive skills.
The Plan Instruction list on the Class Home Page enables teachers to easily identify students for small group instruction and provides targeted, scripted lessons to be used
for teacher-led instruction.
Lexia’s Assessment Without Testing technology provides teachers and administrators ongoing progress monitoring data without a test event.
- Student data monitoring helps support teacher effectiveness.
- Predict students’ overall likelihood of reaching end-of-year, grade-level benchmarks based on students’ monthly performance
- Track performance on rigorous reading standards, such as the Common Core State Standards.
- Reduce schools’ dependence on traditional testing, saving teachers up to a month of instructional time.
- Screen Reading and Language Skills
- Identify Instructional Needs
- Measure Long-Term Growth
More About Lexia:
- Lexia is approved for use in Kansas as an Academic Growth Measure.
- Announcing Lexia Reading Core5™ — the first technology-based reading program created specifically to address the Common Core State Standards through grade 5.
- See the Core5 video demo.
- Lexia Reading Core5 is a technology-based reading program with supporting printed instructional materials, designed specifically to meet the Common Core State Standards. Learn more here.
- Strategies for Older Students is now on the iPad!
- Core5 System Requirements.
- KRI Mid-Year Report
- KRI First Year Results
Technological Twist to Reading Learn how some struggling readers are using Lexia Reading Core5 with success.
Click here for the Podcast:
Lexia – Changing The Future Now – With Don Fast (KSSA Talk #24)
Participate in a webinar to learn more about Lexia Reading and find out what is new
Lexia named a winner of District Administration’s Readers’ Choice Awards and recognized in Tech & Learning’s Award of Excellence program.
Lexia Learning Software Endorsed by Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE)
See CASE endorsement