How DO we learn math?
Top researchers in brain plasticity and growth mindset are working hard to get the word out to educators: anyone can learn math to a high level.
Some factors in facilitating expansive learning are:
- Ask Questions…”why does this make sense?”
- Math is about connections and creativity
- Depth is more important than speed
- Mistakes are Valuable
Symphony Math is a blended learning program that helps students connect the Big Ideas in mathematics. Symphony Math includes the necessary tools for success in your classroom, school, and district:
- an independent, fully integrated K-8 Screener/Benchmarker to identify At-Risk students and track growth throughout the school year;
- a complete K-4* curriculum for foundational number sense that follows most curriculum and state standards (*5th grade will be added in June!);
- conceptual development AND fact fluency in one program;
- IES had many recommendations for RTI. Symphony Math meets ALL of them.
- instant access to a full reporting and management system; and
- offline practice materials for EVERY skill covered in the Symphony Math online program.
Using visual models, students have pictorial representations with which to anchor learning. Students move through the Symphony Math curriculum, bridging models to numbers. As a result, students deepen and expand their mathematical knowledge and confidence.
If you would like to schedule a brief presentation on Symphony Math, please reply to this email, or contact me using the information below.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org